A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Overview: Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Product Director is a business leader who will drive the commercial success of a major new game in development. Fully responsible for the product and customer lifecycle, the Product Director will work closely with internal and external development teams and publishing services to define the critical path to pre and post-launch product optimization. You will provide the team with strategic direction using your knowledge of the competitive landscape and be the champion and owner of the end-to-end product lifecycle, strategy, business case and product marketing. You will have proven experience setting and delivering against commercial forecast and goals, as well as reporting at the executive level. Key Duties
- Collaborating with the executive producer and creative leads to define the commercial vision and monetisation plan for the game
- Researching competitive titles and consumer behavior to provide analytical basis for game economy design
- Managing all communication on monthly KPIs and monetization metrics for the game during early testing, through to launch, and beyond; driving forecasting and budgeting for the title.
- Actively contribute to the management and strategic development of the game to ensure commercial goals are achieved
- Foster strong relationships with the internal and external development team to ensure a collaborative approach to achieving product goals.
- Once the game is live you will utilise extensive game analytics and analysis to monitor game performance and KPIs, identifying new opportunities to increase user conversion, retention, and monetisation.
- Manage player-facing communications and in-game events
- Understand the player community, ensuring player sentiment and feedback is considered in every step of development
- A passionate gamer willing to be part of a fun, hard-working team
- Proven experience in managing the successful launch and ongoing service of MMO like titles
- An expert on gaming industry trends and the competitor landscape
- Extensive professional experience as a product manager, game economy designer, monetization designer, or similar role in the gaming industry
- PC and mobile monetization experience across multiple titles and business models
- Deep understanding of service platforms for games and/or online communities with the ability to clearly and concisely describe business requirements
- Expert analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and application of this experience to game economy design
- A thorough understanding of the market and ability to provide competitive analysis and strategic direction
- Superb presentation and communication skills, confident in delivery at Executive level
- Able to define clear and concise product requirements, objectives and key results
- Able to compose and deliver business cases, operational plans, forecasts and budgets
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.