Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Product Manager to join our talented and growing Publishing team, working on exciting projects and titles including our new F1 Manager game. You’ll be joining during a period of significant growth at Frontier and will have responsibility for global marketing, brand and life cycle management. If you’ve got Product Marketing experience in video games and are looking for a new and exciting challenge or to take the next step in your career, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Day-to-day global marketing, brand and life cycle management of allocated products
- Primary contact for development teams and internal stakeholders regarding marketing activity from early development through to post-launch activity and support
- Work with internal teams and third parties to develop cross-promotional marketing and wider business opportunities
- Act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Deliver product positioning, audience insights and go-to-market strategy to both internal and external stakeholders while integrating and distributing feedback
- Manage development of game’s brand identity elements including title, logo, key art, packaging and other style guide elements
- Brief, manage and deliver marketing collateral including ATL, digital, CRM, platform channels, retail, merchandise and partnerships
- Implementation and tracking of market research & analysis while communicating the competitive landscape as it affects our products and strategy.
- Effectively manage allocated budget with weekly/monthly status updates
- Maintain and develop working relationships with a variety of external licensors, agencies and suppliers
- Provide support at relevant consumer/trade/press events throughout the year
- Lead post-campaign analysis and post-sales reports communicate effectively to relevant teams
- Manage post-launch live ops with content updates and marketing promotions
- Analyse players’ feedback, behaviour and market’s acceptance. Share results & recommendations with game production and Publishing team
- Take active part in prioritising user experience improvements and bugs fixes with production and monetization teams.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the video games industry
- Experience working on global/international projects/products
- Collaborative approach to working with other Publishing disciplines
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demands on your time
- Good creative eye with attention to detail
- Personable approach with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills to provide effective briefs and position product strategy to stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of marketing and insight tools with particular experience of digital communications and multi-channel marketing
- A passion for video games
- Experience or knowledge of additional marketing disciplines would be beneficial.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.