Looking to gain significant equity while managing product for a dynamic games-related startup?
Lootcakes is a small but fast-growing games marketing and rewards venture powered by a paradigm-shifting approach to consumer data-sharing. Our mission is to empower gamers to harness their valuable-as-gold purchasing data to get more of what they love - instead of passively giving it away.
We fund our member rewards by helping game publishers with VIP user acquisition. Lootcakes already counts some of the world’s top-grossing game publishers as clients. The Lootcakes team has deep experience in games and ad tech, with multiple exits under our belt. We raised our first VC financing round in 2020 (see article link below).
We’re looking for a high-energy, entrepreneurial product manager who is excited to execute in a small team context. We are open to candidates with either mid-level PM experience (e.g. 3-5 years prior PM experience) or senior level (6+ years), with commensurate salary, equity and title. You will work directly with the CEO, CTO, and COO. We’re a distributed team across NYC, Seattle, and Denver and you can work from any location in the US.
- Obsess over user experience, user motivation and conversion optimization
- Keen understanding of how to deploy game mechanics to influence user behavior
- Thrive in a lean startup environment
- Highly data-driven (e.g. adept at using metrics, analytics and A/B testing to drive product decisions)
- Strong vision and creativity (e.g. natural ability to generate ideas, think laterally to solve problems), but also...
- Highly organized and pragmatic (e.g. can efficiently analyze tradeoffs, adept at prioritization and time management with limited resources and high uncertainty)
- ❤ Games!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help to launch and optimize the soon-to-be-released version 2 of our consumer website/app (a unique gamified combination of rewarded data-sharing, new game discovery & offers, and incentivized social mechanics).
- Identify user needs and opportunities through data analysis, surveys, interviews, and other quantitative and qualitative methods
- Design and leverage analytics and A/B testing to monitor app performance, tune mechanics, optimize conversion and identify new features to impact KPIs.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such as product requirements documents, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical and resource constraints
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Either Mid-level (3-5 years prior experience) or Senior level (6+ years) as product manager/product lead for consumer mobile and web properties in industry verticals of games, loyalty, rewards, commerce, social media
- BA/BS degree (technical, design, psychology or business focus a plus)
- Proven track record deploying game mechanics to influence user behavior (direct experience with mobile free-to-play games a huge plus)
- Already worked for at least one startup/small company
- Deep experience with conversion optimization, A/B tests and user research
- Expert in web/mobile analytics and A/B testing tools
- Understanding of the latest mobile and web development technologies and their pros/cons.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (a huge plus)
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Physically located and authorized to work in the US; fluent in English
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a fast-growing company
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare FSA, Short-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D, One Medical
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Work from home
We’re passionate about building one of the great games industry growth stories of the next decade. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced venture just as things are really taking off, send us your resume and feel free to include a cover letter.