Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe. This role would be in our PC and Console department (PCC) with responsibility for global activity.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has recently been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of the Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
Our ideal Product Manager will have plenty of experience in product/brand management for PC and console games in a full time role in an established videogames company, be an expert in video games marketing, play well with others and can think outside the box.
What you tell your friends you do
“I do marketing for indie games - turning unknown titles into the next indie smash hit!.”
What you will really be doing
- Create and execute product marketing plans (PMP) that deliver against revenue expectations, from initial signing, through retail launch and post launch.
- Prepare games for successful commercial launch, working with all internal PC & Console teams and external developers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Work with internal and external creative service teams to create best-in-class marketing assets to budget
- Write exemplary digital store copy and product blogs as required
- Manage assigned product budget efficiently, maximising product awareness
- Establish, build and maintain positive, productive working relationships with all internal PC & Console teams, Kwalee marketing dept and external developers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Determine KPIs for the PMP and meaningful metrics that allow accurate analysis of the status of each campaign and product’s commercial performance to permit alteration of strategy and tactics if required.
- Work with First Party Platform Publishers, Developers, Production and Release management to ensure optimum launch of every game.
- Play our games and research competitor products to understand how other successful PC & Console games work and what makes them successful.
- Present important marketing research and findings to management and other team members as necessary.
- Ad-hoc other tasks which may arise from time to time and be assigned to you by the Product Marketing Team Manager.
- International travel as required
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Previous experience on PC & Console games including three years in a product/brand management role for an established video games company
- Strong creative writing skills with an understanding of Office 365 and Google Docs
- A creative flair with an eye for detail when briefing and feeding back on marketing artwork, assets and trailers. A knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator) is welcome.
- Excellent time management skills and understand the importance of deadlines
- Ability to work with other functional teams in the PC and Console Department, as well as with other teams within and outside of Kwalee.
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- A dog friendly office - bring your favourite pooch! (There’s dog-free areas too)
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Relocation support available
- VISA Sponsorship available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.