SEGA of Europe’s Product Planning team is a centralised team of administrators who oversee the business approvals process – the means with which SEGA of Europe developers secure their budgets for their titles.
Your role will be to co-ordinate all SEGA of Europe titles through the various stages of the business approvals process. You’ll liaise with stakeholders across central and studio teams to ensure information is gathered for submissions, that submissions meet the required criteria and that they are completed to schedule.
As part of this team, you will be exposed to a huge breadth of information; from development planning and risk assessments to marketing and advertising campaigns. As your role is primarily co-ordination, you will also find yourself working with most departments across the central business and several studio teams.
Regular communication with executive management is part of our day-to-day, and you will be able to spend more time with senior staff during the regular and cross-company meetings that the team hosts.
This role is ideal for a new graduate or junior videogames industry worker who wishes to gain a holistic view on the nature of games development and publishing.
- First point of contact for general enquires from studio, SEGA of Europe (SOE) and SEGA of Japan (SOJ) teams.
- Work closely with SOE studios on the best timing for project approvals, in line with stakeholder requirements across studios and SOE/SOJ best practices. Schedule the resultant approvals meetings, inviting relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with studios and SOE departments, using team meetings and ad-hoc discussions to track the status of submissions materials.
- Assess submissions materials to ensure consistency of information across documents and alignment with original approval request.
- Identify any issues with submissions at the earliest stage. Proactively take action to ensure problems are dealt with before they become blockers to a swift approval.
- Take minutes and log action points during process meetings, ensuring that outstanding tasks are suitably followed up on.
- Create, submit and track approval confirmations digitally using the ContractWorks system.
- Create documentation for monthly meetings, using ongoing knowledge of current project status to provide concise and useful updates to the wider SOE group.
- Co-ordinate logistics for bi-yearly cross-studio review meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven ability to manage procedures and able to make recommendations for improvements.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to manage upwards and pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out.
- Motivation to complete tasks on own initiative.
- Excellent Office365 competency, and aptitude for learning new software and tools.
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally.
- Fluent English spoken and written skill.
- Japanese language knowledge beneficial.
- Openness to understand different cultures.
- A passion for computer video games and a knowledge of the industry.
BEHAVIOURS / COMPETENCIES:
- Process and detail orientated.
- Confident and professional in dealing with senior members of the company.
- Flexible and able to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload.
- Calm when working under pressure.
- Able to build and maintain trust with a variety of personalities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.