This vacancy offers a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house and relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Game
OPM’s client, is seeking an experienced Production Director, who will be responsible for overseeing and driving the development, release & growth of an unannounced title.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Production and Head of Game and will directly manage a team of Producers whilst leading, motivating & organising the development team.
- Extensive experience in a Production leadership role, in the games industry, on projects at scale
- Demonstrable ability to combine Studio and player requirements into a development roadmap that continues to improve the quality of the title and end user experience advantageous
- Experience developing and mentoring a team of Producers and motivating a wider multi-disciplinary team
- A self-starter, who is highly organised and proactive, with excellent time management, planning and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Agile and Traditional methodologies and best practices
- Expert knowledge of industry standard software (MS Office, Jira, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with Unreal advantageous
- Experience managing games as a service within a Production role advantageous
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to project/ tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Assisting the Head of Game and Design Director with project direction, planning & scoping
- Interpret designs and specs into tasks and content and deliver these against milestones and deliverables
- Oversight and involvement with development. Championing pipeline and workflow efficiencies, risk management and escalation, scheduling, tracking and resourcing
- Adapting to change, whilst maintain a credible project plan
- Monitoring progress against the schedule & budget
- Guide the development of robust and sustainable systems, features and gameplay for a prolonged release strategy, including live production
- Ownership of the project Jira database, responsible for the tracking and maintenance of tasks/ tickets
- Guide, develop and motivate direct reports and wider team, to champion delivering exceptional work in a positive, constructive and enjoyable environment
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Working with the Project QA Leads to ensure any testing requirements are covered
- Champion improvements to the Studio’s production practices.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 420!