Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Our award-winning Formula 1 studio are looking for generalist programmers to work within our feature development teams.
Our programmers utilise solid C++ skills alongside our custom UX Tools. We can teach you the power of our technology, all you need to do is bring your flare and expertise to implement new solutions for both in-game features and UX as we continue to grow our games.
As a racing specialist and home of the official F1 game, our worlds are rich with detailed, informative content. We offer a broad range of compelling game modes with deep meta progression, supported by UX presented using a combination of 2D and 3D content. Working in multi-discipline groups alongside artists, designers and other programmers, you will shape our new features and the player dynamics at the heart of our game.
- Reporting to the UI Lead, you will take an active part in the feature design process working with designers, artists and other development departments. You'll also:-
- Develop technical designs and both generic and project specific implementations of features
- Test and refine features and contribute to automated testing of those features
- Contribute to the technical requirements and implementation of our underlying in-house UX technology
- Collaborate with and support other programmers with all systems exposing data to the UX, across multiple features including gameplay, networking and physics
- Work closely with the Technical Director and UI lead to allow collaboration with the other discipline groups
Here's what you'll need some or all of :
- C++ programming ability in video game development
- Understand UI design patterns (MVVM in particular)
- Knowledge of how gameplay systems are implemented
- Object-oriented design, data-driven systems and their implementation
- Experience of debugging and profiling tools
- Code optimisation would be great
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.