Lead QA AnalystPosition Overview
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented QA professional who wants to make the next step in their career. You will be responsible for developing, executing, and communicating the test strategy of all output produced by the team and/or product you will be assigned to.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, in order be a coach and mentor for the individuals under your remit.
- Design, implement, and iterate test plans and strategy related to output produced by assigned team;
- Produce test progress reports to QA and other stakeholders; highlighting any concerns or risks, as well as provide constructive feedback where required or requested;
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to assigned team where required to promote a bug prevention philosophy within the team, either through early and frequent testing, feedback, or other means
- Suggest and implemented potential opportunities to improve test processes;
- Coach and mentor members of the QA team, either as a group or on a 1:1 basis;
- Liaise with Customer Service teams and/or stakeholders, investigate issues and/or bugs raised by players to ensure issues are correctly prioritised for fixing;
- Provide assistance to the Senior Lead QA Analysts and/or QA Manager as/when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2 years or more experience within QA, with games industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration and communication with all studio development teams and external partners;
- Attention to detail, dynamic, curious and adaptable;
- Strategic minded with natural problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, demonstrating empathy where required and a desire for continuous improvement and development of yourself and others.
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry qualification and/or relevant practical experience in one or more of the following such as games or UI/UX design, art and/or animation, programming or data science;
- Working knowledge of various games hardware platforms and/or platform standards such as Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Streaming Platforms and iOS and Android;
- Relevant test certification (such as but not exclusive to ISTQB, ASTQB);
- Knowledge of different forms of functional and non-functional testing, automation and tools and how they can be applied to the test process.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.