This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Games
Our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment, who are currently working on a variety of well-established IPs.
They are seeking an experienced QA Lead to manage their team of QA professionals.
This is a full-time position based in Middlesbrough, however, can be onboarded remotely initially due to COVID. They will provide you with everything needed to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or later.
- Good experience in QA within the games development industry
- Solid technical knowledge of video games industry processes and terms
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage tasks amongst the team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Ability to take on and work with provided feedback
- Ability to stay resilient and flexible in changing environments
- Outline the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
- Offer personal support, mentoring, and professional development for QA testers
- Help with the recruitment of additional QA testers
- Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project
- Stay up to date with planned changes and updates from the Development team
- Develop and maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game
- Develop, optimise, and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires
- Propose, develop, optimise, and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency and quality of the project
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing
- Autonomously determine the prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed
- Generate and present testing strategies in advance of upcoming work for the assigned area(s), and participate in the enactment of those strategies
- Raise project issues and risks that you observe to the relevant parties and participate in mitigation of those risks with a view to avoiding recurring issues
- Establish and maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project
- Support the Development, Production, and Publishing teams with specific requests
- Be an advocate for working best practices, maintaining high standards, and setting an example to the rest of the QA team
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Understanding of test/build automation processes
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors
- Knowledge of software debugging methods
- Understanding of JIRA or comparable bug tracking and project management software
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!
Tagged as: AAA, Lead QA Tester, QA Manager