Hello! We’re a small Edinburgh-based company who've worked on a wide range of projects, from creating Dead End Job and releasing it on nine platforms, to helping other indies bring games like John Wick Hex, Lair of the Clockwork God, and Mind Scanners to console.
We’re now focussing on bringing the crazy cartoon fantasy mini-golf world of Dungeon Golf to life on PC and consoles, and we need a QA Tester to help us! Hopefully that's you?
Please note this is a full time remote but UK based position.
We're looking for a QA Tester to help us keep everything running smoothly! As in-house QA you'll be playing regular builds of Dungeon Golf on multiple platforms and reporting on any issues you find, as well as making sure that bug fixes have been effective.
We expect to pay the successful hire around £25,000pa, depending on experience.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is interested in pursuing games QA as a career path.
- Likes to work as an integrated part of the development team.
- Is self motivated and able to organise their own time to work methodically.
- Has an eye for detail and a stomach for replaying the same bit of a game over and over.
- Can communicate well in English, both written and verbally, and write clear bug reports.
- Has a keen interest in console gaming and particularly enjoys family friendly titles.
- Can write, update and perform test cases for different game features.
- Is familiar with Hack n Plan or similar Jira-a-like issue tracking system.
- Has foresight to think of potential issues before they are implemented in the game build.
Familiarity with console platform certification requirements and screen recording tools would be lovely but is not essential.
What We Offer
As a small indie company we can’t offer a load of flashy benefits, but we are extremely flexible with work hours to fit around your needs, such as for childcare provision and other home life stuff (need compressed hours? Not a problem), and have an above-average 35 days of holiday.
Working from home is basically a necessity these days isn't it? But we were doing it before [waves arms] all of this! The team is based in Scotland however and it might make things like social events easier if you're eventually able to be somewhere close by. For boring reasons you will need to be UK based, at the very least.
Ant Workshop & our regular freelancer pool is roughly 1/3rd non-male. This is a friendly, collaborative company. We'll value you and your work as a key part of our small team, and you’ll have the opportunity for a lot of creative input. We will be transparent with you about what the company's doing and why.
How To Apply
Please send an email with the subject line of the role you’re applying for, followed by your name, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV, cover letter, and any other relevant information.
Depending on the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.