QA TESTER (MATCH ENGINE) - 6 MONTH FTC
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the QA team and help ensure our games are the best they can be, working on our renowned match engine.
Quality Assurance at Sports Interactive takes several forms, from specialised functionality testing to more player-centric playtesting and balancing, you will be assessing new and existing features, analysing data, providing valuable feedback, online customer support to our players; and much more.
We believe that good QA Testers can come from a variety of backgrounds; our QA alumni are represented widely both inside and outside of the football and games industries, as well as within the studio at SI. This is a fantastic opportunity though to gain and develop first-hand experience and career opportunities within the games industry.
This is a full-time, contracted role, ordinarily based in our brand-new space at Here East, Stratford, however, in light of the current COVID-19 guidance, it is highly likely that the successful applicant will be initially required to work from home (equipment provided).
The contract will last for six months and is expected to start in early January, if not sooner. You will need to commit to a 37.5-hour working week, working Monday to Friday, willing to start flexibly between 08:00am and 11:00am.
You must have the right to work in the UK and be at least 16 years old to apply.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify defects in the game
- Provide considered, insightful written and verbal feedback on gameplay, balance, and realism
- Compile clear, concisely written bug reports
- Test new features against design and verify fixes made to existing defects
- Follow structured test-plans, checklists and other tasks and activities through to completion
- Check builds meet the required quality and stability
- Provide post-release customer support to our online community via forums and social media channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A great attention to detail
- Highly adaptable
- An analytical, critical-thinking, curious and problem-solving mind-set
- High levels of initiative
- Strong communication skills, with a high standard of written English
- A high level of computer literacy
The following would also be highly desirable, although not essential:
- Familiarity with current or previous Football Manager, football and/or similar sports video games
- Prior experience with Football or Sports-related disciplines such as coaching, video and data analysis
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry or sports coaching qualification and/or relevant practical experience in one or more of the following:
- Games or UI/UX design
- Art and/or animation
- Data science
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental).
The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.