Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Release Manager to join our Total War team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will bring your previous experience in a Live game environment and work alongside and support the Development Director to help set up processes and practices for supporting a live game.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least 1 day per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a Release Manager on the project, you will play a critical role in the delivery and release of our content. You will have a have completer-finisher mindset in your approach to your work and understand how this impacts the wider team dynamic. Working closely and collaboratively with the development team, the product owners and the development managers, you will coordinate safe and reliable delivery of content releases. You will interpret the schedule and communicate with the leadership team when a more flexible, agile approach is required to meet our project goals.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Work on a brand new Total War title setting up the processes for a release and beyond
- Promote and spread the release culture and continuous improvement mindset throughout the game team
- Establish best practices and SLAs
- Plan, coordinate and communicate all the moving parts involved in taking a content release from development, through finalising stages, and out to our players. Working closely with product owners and Development Managers, you will be responsible for reliably planning and delivering content
- Document, track and communicate project status and scheduling changes, and communicate all relevant changes with key members of the team as well as all stakeholders, and adapt the schedule accordingly
- Drive improvements in our release pipelines and build processes. Work with the various stakeholders to triage a build appropriately as it moves towards its release deadline
- Discuss and escalate concerns with relevant teams and stakeholders
- Manage a cross discipline live development team
- Liaise with various 1st parties as well as internal teams to determine and meet requirements and deadlines
- Ensure tech and decision pipelines are freed up or are made aware of bottlenecks ahead of time
- Assist the Development Director in creating and presenting weekly status reports.
In this role, you will develop and encourage positive relationships within the team and other relevant third parties including internal relationships with SEGA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of delivering games or a live service across PC and console
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Perforce or Git
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with very strong organisational skills
- Fluent in product development pipelines and workflows
- Skilled in strategic goal setting and tactical execution.
- At least one shipped title as a DevOps Live Operations service, ideally on consoles
- Experience with scaled agile or DevOps
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins, Hudson or Teamcity
- A solid technical foundation – e.g., Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent
- Advanced skills with software such as PowerBi, Excel, PowerQuery
- Avid gamer
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise.
Previous experience working in one or more of the following roles would be advantageous:
- Deployment management
- Data or Business Analysis
- SharePoint and Office macros
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.