Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Release Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will work alongside and assist the Director of Live Operations and Development Director to oversee and support the development of the game.
As the Release Manager, you will produce the many builds required by different parts of the development and release teams. You will be open, friendly, and approachable and be a nexus of information on the project, and collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines. You will work with the production team and QA on highlighting issues.
You will utilise several technologies in the day-to-day running and maintenance of our build pipeline driven by Unreal and Perforce, and TeamCity, and our own internal frameworks. You will also be responsible for creating and managing work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the continuous integration and deployment of the various builds, streams and submissions
- Ensure builds are delivered rapidly and robustly. Communicating issues with the dev and QA teams
- Bridge the gap between development and operations by facilitating discussions and making decisions that impact the game and our players
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the existing build / asset pipeline and CI systems
- Create and manage work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development
- Promote and spread the release culture and continuous improvement mindset throughout the game team
- Establish best practices and SLAs
- Diagnose and troubleshoot build problems and advertise these to the teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Focused leader, with a proactive urgency to solving issues
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making who can communicate well with dev team at all levels
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Perforce or Git
- Worked with and set up stream maps for complex codebases including a mix of mergeable and non-mergeable assets. Particularly UE4 projects
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins, Hudson or Teamcity
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Experience managing large volumes of requests and work priorities
- At least one shipped title was a DevOps Live Operations service
- A solid technical foundation – e.g., Computer Science / Maths degree of equivalent
- Experience shipping games on consoles
- Experience with data handling tools – e.g., PowerBi or Kibana
- Experience with post launch product support
Previous experience working in one or more of the following roles would be advantageous:
- Deployment management
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.