This game studio based in the NW of England is looking for a Game Design Director to work on their latest project. You will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas, collaboration and dedication. We are a passionate about all things video games. This role is offered hybrid remote to candidates from the UK, Portugal or Ireland.
What will you do?
• Work with the studio’s development team to define the game by crafting a vision that is innovative, strong, appropriate, fitting with the IP, and implementable by the team
• Evangelize this direction across the entire company
• Own and drive overall game design, including core systems, level design…
• Lead a team of designers, empowering and inspiring them to do great work
• Collaborate with other subject areas and departments, ensuring relevant partners are involved and advised throughout development
• Act as strong quality advocate for team
• Be responsible for design documentation
• Regularly playtest and provide constructive feedback and suggestions to other members of the team
• Be up to date on industry trends and competitor games
What skills do you need?
• Ability to work independently, experience leading teams and building gameplay
• 7+ years as a Game Designer or similar with at least 2 released titles under your belt (preferably console)
• Extensive experience in a leadership role involving people-management, mentoring and line-management
• Deep knowledge and passion for overall game design, player experience, and emerging industry trends
• Experience working in Unreal, in house C++ or other modern game engines as well as productivity and project management software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as identifying
• AI, UI/UX, narrative, audio, monetization, design and production pipelines, tools, software, scripting skills…
• Good work/life balance
• Social events
• Holiday closing
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2608.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.