We are a well-established action games studio bringing together technology and games to create new experiences. We are looking for a Remote Lead C++ Gameplay Programmer to work on our latest titles. This role is offered fully remote if based in Europe or relocation is available to our HQ in Poland.
What will you do?
The impact to a project expected from a Lead Gameplay Programmer is focused on driving the gameplay team forward as a single unit
Areas of Impact
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay Programmer processes, systems, pipelines, and discipline
- Communicate the status of software requirements and process to other departments
- Collaborate with Design, and work in tandem when needed to prototype and build network systems
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game
- Display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry standard software engineering processes
- Drive the team to create consistent, high quality gameplay features in industry standard timelines
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game
- Mentor and train other gameplay programmers
- Set up testing frameworks (incl. bug fixing) using Unreal for CPU & memory KPIs
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Lead by example, through your work other engineers should understand best practices
- 4+ years’ as senior of lead gameplay programmer in the games industry
- Bachelor’s in Game Development, Computer Science or similar
- Expert C++, Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints experience for Console, PC or mobile
- Calm and measured in their approach to the work
- 3D game development experience
- Action games experience a bonus
- Shared owners of the morale and tone within the gameplay team
- Driving the team forwards with exemplary leadership and people management
- Communicative and insightful about the project and the challenges
- Constructive and helpful to less experienced members of the team
- Excellent communication in English
Competitive pay, remote working or relocation, medical, pension…
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2633.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.