OPM are working with a leading independent AAA games development studio with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from all over the world thanks to their remote work programs.
Currently looking for a Lead Engine Programmer
- Providing mentorship, direction and best in class engineering principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Mentoring, managing and leading the Engine programming department.
- Conducting regular code reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solve problems.
- Working with production team to plan development and provide tasks assignment to programmers team schedule.
- Maintaining and extending the existing Framework and tools in cooperation with other internal studios or programmers.
- Analyzing the requirements of the game teams and define the required functionalities and engine systems that must be developed to support them.
- Testing existing systems and propose new systems and features implementations.
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing and documenting implementations and setting a documentation standard for the Engineering Team.
- Staying up to date with features from other engines and provide expertise about possible implementations.
- Conducting consistent performance reviews of staff members.
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration.
Extensive software engineering experience.
- Experience in leading/coordinating work of programmers team.
- At least 2 shipped AAA projects from start to finish with credits as a programmer.
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills.
- Excellent C++ knowledge.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Excellent math and/or physics skills.
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems.
- Experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence).
- Proficiency with Swarm and Perforce.
- Work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open-minded team player attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Passionate about playing and making video games.
Nice to have
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
- Scrum certification.