This world class AAA studio based in the Midlands is looking for a C++ Physics Engineer to work on their pillar title. Physics programmers write the code, based on the laws of physics, to make this happen. It requires high-level knowledge of both physics and programming. This role is offered onsite with the possibility of remote working.
What will you do?
• Developing game systems with a particular focus on the use of physics to achieve realistic interactive results
• Applying a deep understanding of industry-standard physics APIs to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
• Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific challenges
What skills do you need?
• Expert in C++ - you’ve got strong experience in C++, and have contributed to shipped games on PC or console. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC
• Excellent Physics Knowledge – you have in-depth understanding of the practical use of one or more physics middleware systems (e.g. PhysX, Havok, Bullet) on a shipped game
• Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games
• Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
• Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level independently or in a team
• Passion for Games. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code
• Knowledge of Other Game Systems e.g. animation, player control or AI
• Debugging and profiling tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Game Development or similar
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the games industry
Competitive salary, medical and dental, pension, no crunch, great studio location and tech
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2330.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.