This racing studio, one of the most respected in the games industry is looking for a Senior C++ Network Gameplay Engineer. This role can be onsite in the Midlands or remote.
We’ve harnessed our in house C++ engine and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all of our upcoming games. You’ll also be crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for our stable of AAA projects.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What skills do you need?
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++, and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Understanding of network coding for multiplayer games. Managing the state of each game object and providing a smooth, glitch-free experience to all clients.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Game Development or similar
- C# and/or web programming experience is beneficial to this role but not mandatory
- Version control software
- Client server experience
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Bonus, career progression, no crunch, great work life balance...
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2327.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and are GDPR compliant.