This well established AAA games studio with a history of working on world class projects. We are currently looking for an accomplished and self-motivated Senior C++ Engine Programmer to join our team on an unannounced AAA game. The Senior Engine Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems with a focus on Engine and Platform specific code, and is happy to turn their hand to any task required. This position is offered fully remote or onsite in our head office in the South of the UK.
What will you do?
• Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems with a focus on Engine and Platform specific code
• Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
• Helps to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them. • Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
• Mentors code team, passing on experience and expertise, and leads by example.
• Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
What skills do you need?
- Proficient in C/C++ Professional experience working in the video games industry as engine programmer on real time graphics
- Experience in console, PC or mobile programming
- Worked on at least 1 shipped game
- GPU architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team.
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to design and create complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creative solutions to novel problems
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently. A professional ‘can do’ attitude and a strong team player
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation team.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery a bonus
- Worked in an Agile development environment
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development nice to have
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Understanding of cloud server and network backend systems
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference
- Private medical and dental, flexihours, free lunch and healthy snacks, relocation assistance or remote working
We are an equal opps recruitment agency and are GDPR compliant.