Our client is a mobile games studio looking for a Senior Data Programmer to join their talented team. As part of your role, you will create tools and develop the infrastructure for the game, you will work closely alongside the engineering teams and Data Science teams.
This role is offered fully remote or hybrid with their office located in the South-East of England.
What will you do?
- Oversee activities and mentor junior engineers, ensuring execution of their duties and alignment with business vision and objectives
- Develop queries for ad hoc business projects as well as accurate ongoing reporting
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NoSQL, and AWS big data technologies.
- Independently create and run automation scripts for operational data processing
- Work closely with the Engineering teams and Data Science teams to extract data and deliver quality deliverables
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Who you are?
- 4+ years of data engineering experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- Experience with event streaming platforms e.g., Kinesis, Kafka or similar
- ETL pipeline cycles
- Knowledge and experience using Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Clickhouse and Redshift databases
- Databases e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Spark, and MySQL
- Scripting languages e.g., Java, Python…
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Hybrid/Remote working opportunities alongside an office in one of the most vibrate cities in the world
- A competitive salary
- No crunch
- Long holidays
- Private Medical insurance
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Friendly and supportive team working environment
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference 2610.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.