As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will design systems to handle a large number of players for our studio based in the UK. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for backend systems design. You will be joining a team that is building an online gaming platform. This role is offered fully remote.
What will you do?
- Develop backend systems (Web client and Server-side logic) (design, architect, implement, document, test, and support)
- Collaborate with game designers and other engineers to develop LiveOps tools and game features
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as they arise
- Ensure scalability and reliability of our online services incl. memory and performance issues
- Work with a cloud infrastructure
What skills do you need?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with Java back-end/server-side or systems technologies
- Database and web development experience
- You have worked on a RESTful API system from concept to production
- Experience in working in a multidiscipline environment
- Good experience working with source control
- Linux on a large scale
- Able to effectively communicate and translate between general ideas and technical practices
- Build experience for live online systems
Nice to have (but not required)
- Experience dealing with scalability and cloud automation
- Experience in security protection
- Cassandra, GRPC, Docker, GRPB, Netty, ElasticSearch…
Remote working, excellent pay and perks based on location.
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref 2409.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.