Our client is an independent studio based in Austria, working on another console title. They have a great original IP, serious financial backing, and a creative collaborative culture.
They an experienced code professional to join their team as Technical Director. They are more interested in technical know how than management experience at this stage, so good senior & principle coders with 10 years experience plus will be considered, as well as established lead programmers / TDs.
What will you do?
- Motivate and excite the team with your great communication skills and love of the craft.
- Plan the strategy, prepare it and help execute on time and on budget.
- Define the tech required for the project.
- Mentor the coders on the team with best practice methods ensuring quality and reusability.
- Work alongside the Technical Architect designing software architecture for the framework and games.
- Work with external partners if required.
- Spot problems and risks, and solve them.
- Make the games fabulous.
- 10 years + experience in PC / Console gaming.
- AAA experience.
- Great communications skills and a people person who enjoys leadership.
- Great all round coder in multiple languages.
- C++ expertise essential.
- Accomplished with UE4.
- Broad shoulders regarding pressure and responsibility, with an even temperament.
- Creative thinker.
- Happy to relocate to Austria or be able to work remotely and be available in Central European Time office hours 5 days a week.
- Salary up to €100K DOE basic. 14 salaries a year.
- 25 days holiday plus 12 days bank holiday.
- Bonus scheme.
- Full relocation package.
- Remote working option available.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference.
- Great IP to work on.
- Life in one of Europe’s finest cities, Vienna.
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2127.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.