Project: AAA Action RPG
OPM’s client is a record-breaking indie developer with a new studio, based in Bucharest, Romania. They are currently seeking a Gameplay Programmer to join development on a new isometric action-RPG title and other future titles.
- Bachelor's degree(s) in engineering or computer science or comparable experience.
- Strong experience as gameplay programmer.
- Strong understanding of C++ language.
- Experience using SCM solutions such as git, svn, Perforce, etc.
- Strong understanding of client/server network architecture.
- Ability to provide feature integration structures and documentation.
- Fluent in English language skills.
- Produce new gameplay features following design specifications and provide tools to facilitate their usage.
- Adapt existing gameplay features to the specificities of various platforms.
- Help prototyping features from early stages and follow their conception and integration closely until they are added to the game.
- Communicate and synchronise with developers and teams to ensure feature integration continuity.
- Deploy testing and profiling code to measure the impact of game features on the existing codebase.
- Help maintain existing game features, reviewing and debugging existing code, correcting bugs identified by the production and quality control teams.
- Work closely with programmers to ensure the stability of the game engine codebase when working on shared features and game systems.
- Work with other teams in developing the tools required to efficiently make the necessary gameplay adjustments.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Knowledge of scripting language.
- Experience with other commercial engines and frameworks.
- Experience working on active online multiplayer games.
- Interest in game design.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!