This vacancy offers a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house and relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Action RPG
OPM’s client is a record-breaking indie studio based in Nice, France. They are currently seeking a Gameplay Programmer to join development on their new title.
The successful candidate will ensure the quality of game features and make sure they are delivered in line with the release schedule.
- Master's degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent.
- Solid experience as a gameplay programmer.
- Extensive understanding of C++ language.
- Professional experience using SCM solutions such as git, svn, etc.
- Strong understanding of client/server network architecture.
- Leadership skills with a great understanding of resource management.
- Good experience with bug tracking and project management systems such as Redmine, Jira, etc.
- Able to deliver reports and documentation
- Strong French & English language skills.
- Develop new gameplay features following design specifications and deliver tools to enable their usage.
- Assist in prototyping features from early intentions and follow their conception and integration until they are added to the game.
- Communicate and synchronise with other programmers and other departments to ensure feature integration continuity.
- Deploy testing and profiling code to assess the impact of new game features on the existing codebase.
- Assist in maintaining existing game features, reviewing, and debugging existing code, fixing bugs identified by the production and quality control teams.
- Collaborate with other programmers to ensure the stability of the game engine codebase when working on shared features and game systems.
- Collaborate with people from other departments in developing the tools needed to efficiently make the necessary gameplay adjustments.
- Meet deadlines provided by the project manager and follow a precise build release schedule.
- Help estimate development cost of features and code changes.
- Professional experience working on active online multiplayer games
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience with the CryEngine 3.8.6
- Keen interest in game design
- Remote Start, with Comprehensive Relocation Package including VISA
- Extremely competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!
Tagged as: C, CryEngine, Gameplay Programming