Project: UE4 Multiplayer Shooter Games
OPM are working with an established developer seeking an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join their team on an exhilarating new multiplayer shooter.
The successful candidate will work closely other programmers, designers, artists, animators, and producers to build their game systems and features, while keeping in mind constraints of current and next-gen systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Computer Science or other applicable experience.
- Professional experience in the games industry with UE4.
- Good understanding of the importance of efficient networking in a multiplayer game.
- Good understanding of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Good understanding of 3D maths for games.
- Good understanding of the unique requirements of FPS titles.
- A keen desire to create multiplayer games.
- Familiar with programming for multiplayer games.
- A strong desire to overcome tough obstacles and to learn new skills.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Specialist in one or more areas such as: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation, etc.
- Professional experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Professional experience writing game code with tight performance limitations.
- Professional experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
- Good understanding of game design.
- Can push and contribute to all aspects of a game.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tackle large challenges and features
- Iterate on current features and mechanics.
- Resolve problems met along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Flexible Working
- Private Medical Insurance (including Dental)
- Life Insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!