This vacancy offers a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house and relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Action RPG
OPM’s client is a record-breaking indie studio based in Nice, France. They are currently seeking a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join development on their new title. The successful candidate will ensure the quality of game features and make sure they are delivered in line with the release schedule.
- Master's degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent.
- Solid experience as lead gameplay programmer.
- Extensive understanding of C++ language.
- Professional experience using SCM solutions such as git, svn, etc.
- Strong understanding of client/server network architecture.
- Leadership skills with a great understanding of resource management.
- Good experience with bug tracking and project management systems such as Redmine, Jira, etc.
- Able to deliver reports and documentation
- Strong French & English language skills.
- Oversee the gameplay programmer team and overview all alterations brought to the game code.
- Track & review feature design and integration.
- Help build new gameplay features following design specifications and design tools to enable their usage.
- Communicate and synchronise with other departments to ensure feature integration continuity.
- Help assess development cost of features and code alterations.
- Discuss feasibility and find compromises to provide the other departments with stable and versatile gameplay features within the available time frame.
- Deploy testing and profiling code to measure the effect of new game features on the existing codebase.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Help maintaining existing game features, reviewing, and debugging existing code, correcting bugs identified by the production and quality control teams.
- Review programmers code, test, and validate their work to meet quality standards.
- Help the programmers meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with the engine programmers to ensure game code quality and engine code quality.
- Collaborate with the game designers to ensure the highest gameplay quality possible.
- Report frequently to the programming director and project manager about overall progress.
- Professional experience working on active online multiplayer games
- Experience with the CryEngine 3.8.6
- Keen interest in game design
- Remote Start, with Comprehensive Relocation Package including VISA
- Extremely competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!