Our client is at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of their games.
Their Network Programming experts enjoy the ongoing challenge to manage the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bare in perfect harmony.
This is a role to enable a global multiplayer network and as such requires true video games specialism.
· Programming multiplayer game and server features
· Take ownership for large game features or even complete platforms.
· Coordinate with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion.
· Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead.
· Fluent C++ used within a similar role in the games industry.
· Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks in relation to games.
· Professional experience using version control software in games development.
· Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks.
· Strong background evidenced such as previously published products in the games industry.
· Driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail.
· Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
· Proven teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team.
· Passionate about games and games development.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
· C# and web server programming.
· Experience on current-gen consoles (PS4/XBO) or PC.
· Experience of working on next gen development kits.
· Experience of working on servers, in a Live Services function.
· Flexible working hours
· Annual bonus structure
· Free on-site gym
· Large on-site free car park