This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Job Title: Senior Rendering Programmer
Job Location: Madrid, Spain
Job Type: Permanent
OPM’s latest client is one of the leading sports brands in the world on the lookout for a Rendering Software Programmer.
The role is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- Extensive professional experience with C++
- Expertise in multiple areas including but not limited to: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Good experience with multithreading and Object-Oriented programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Strong Debugging skills
- Experience working with data driven systems
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization
- A Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain
- Develop, design, modify, and optimize graphic and related rendering systems
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of the game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of the game engine
- Works multiple departments on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Knowledge of art related tools such as Photoshop, 3DS Max & Maya
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Lua and C#
- Experience with Perforce
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resource system)
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!