Project: PC/Console Games
OPM’s client is small independent studio of around 35 developers, seeking a Technical Director to join their team, as they embark on their sequel to a multi-million copy selling original.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished engineer that loves collaborating closely with the engineering team to build a technically brilliant game across multiple platforms.
They will be collaborating with art, design, and production to understand the artistic vision for a game and identify the technology needed to realise and surpass that vision.
- Extensive professional programming experience in games development
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Professional leadership experience
- Strong understanding of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or other large engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or a comparable degree
You will be providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development. Directors will have a big influence on the decisions not just within their department but across the whole game and future titles.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience as a technical director on a shipped/live game
- Experience in small/medium-sized development studios
- Profit sharing
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Healthcare & benefits
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!