This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Rendering Programmer to join their team on newest projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Artists to help implement visual features designed for their games worlds and evaluating the graphical performance across multiple platforms. A keen eye for detail is required, along with the capability to communicate technical aspects clearly.
- Professional experience in games or a demonstrable passion for game development.
- Solid experience with high-level graphics optimisations such as: Culling, LODing, light baking/probes, occlusion, compression etc
- Strong experience of CPU rendering systems, renderer submission, multi-threaded renderers, graphics jobs and optimisation techniques surrounding these.
- Good experience with various graphics profiling tools such as: PIX, RenderDoc, GPU Razor, Intel GPA etc.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal Engine, or proprietary game engines.
- Professional programming experience with C/C++ or C#.
- Knowledge of modern console development is desired.
- Cooperating with artists to evaluate their needs and vision to produce the required technical implementations.
- Assessing performance of games both for CPU and GPU bottlenecks using a variety of tools and processes, planning, and delivering optimisation to ensure games attain the required frame-rate.
- Planning, writing, debugging code for features to ensure they are delivered to the wanted quality.
- Evaluating project bug database for issues and being addressing them where necessary.
- Assessing tasks to assist in schedule production.
- Perform assigned tasks within the time scheduled and reporting progress to your Lead Programmer and/or Producer.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!