Research Co-ordinator Women’s Football
Job Title: Research Co-ordinator Women’s Football
Type: Full Time (12 months FTC)
Department: Research and Localisation
Location: Sports Interactive, Here East, London/ Remote
Reporting to: Head of Women’s Football Research
This is a new and exciting role, reporting to the Head of Women’s Football Research, the role will be assisting with co-ordinating, recruiting and supporting a group of freelance Head Researchers on a new football project.
Our Head Researchers take responsibility for an entire nation or region in game, meaning that they oversee all the data and work directly with our in-house Research department. The Head Researchers are supported by Assistant Researchers who are volunteers that scout specific teams, leagues and in some cases even nations to make sure all the information is up to date and correct.
The role will help support the new football project, ensuring that work is of the required quality and that we are on track. The role is currently for a 12-month fixed term period, however it is likely the position will be extended and / or made permanent dependent on the successfulness of the role and candidate in post.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding and training specialist HRs in Women’s Football
- Run continual assessments and yearly reviews of the HRs
- Gather specific league structures, rules and regulations
- Triage and quality check resulting defects
- Attend daily stand-up meetings
- Run regular face to face meetings with HRs as a group and on a one to one basis
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating Guidelines
- Presenting video tutorials
- Covering forums/Social Media where required
- Liaising with our communications team where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Similar experience in a co-ordinator or data administration role
- Strong interest in football at all levels with a passion for the Women’s games
- Knowledge of Football Manager – someone who understands how the game and its data works
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong ability in building working relationships
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- A proactive, “can-do” approach
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office package and ability to utilise databases
- Football scouting experience or qualifications
- Football analyst experience or qualifications
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing, but may be adjusted from time to time according to changes in the role and/or the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.