This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join their QA department development help ensure their upcoming projects meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Strong practical C++ programming knowledge.
- Superb use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding initiative, self-motivation, and organisational skills whilst being able to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments.
- Deep passion for gaming and games development.
- Develop and improve test automation solutions for the QA department.
- Test for engine correctness for example, make sure rendering test scenes do not change from one day to the next.
- Maintaining current tools written in C++ and writing new ones.
- Create high quality, flexible, maintainable code.
- Analyse, communicate, and interpret script results.
- Improve continuous integration processes such as improving the use of CruiseControl.net and Jenkins.
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit the studio
DESIRED SKILLS (would be an advantage):
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl, Lua, Python.
- Knowledge of C# and tools development or using Perforce, Mantis or JIRA.
- Understanding of games development processes.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays.
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!