A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Security Architecture will play a key role to drive and shape our cyber security architecture and information technology strategy as an enterprise with an overarching aim to introduce a best-in-class security protecting our players and business. Leading the cyber security architecture initiatives, this role will assess the current technology state and review our future aims by working with teams technically on execution and delivery through designing, building, testing, coaching, implementing systems, assessments, and tools. This role will work across the Studio and will focus on the following areas: Cloud, Security, Risk Management, Infrastructure, Engineering and Data.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- communicate widely with other stakeholders
- reach and influence a wide range of people across larger teams and communities
- recommend security controls and identify solutions that support a business objective
- demonstrate and share best practice within and outside of the organization
- research, identify, validate and adopt new technologies and methodologies
- develop vision, principles and strategy for one project or technology
- understand the impact of decisions, balancing requirements and deciding between approaches
- produce particular patterns and support quality assurance
- lead the technical design of systems and services from the security perspective
- provide specialist advice and recommend approaches across teams and various stakeholders
- advise on important security-related technologies and assess the risk associated with proposed changes
- inspire and influence others to execute security principles and be the point of escalation for others in lower-grade roles
- help review other people’s work
- Expert knowledge in cyber security technical with relevant experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration with client/stakeholder/engineers – listening and providing answers
- Strong analyzing and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to gather requirements and assimilate information and create architectural artifacts
- Up to date knowledge of technical applications and infrastructure
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Ability to be adapt and prioritize
- Ability to research and innovate.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Expert in designing and implementing secure IS architecture and systems.
- Expert to develop new architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices
- Ability to identify information risks that arise from potential solution architectures.
- Understand the ISO 27001/27002, and NIST cyber security related frameworks.
- Experience with operating systems like Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- Expert in network security architecture and development
- Deep knowledge in wireless security, routers, switches, and VLAN security
- Knowledge in DNS security principles such as routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services, and DDOS mitigation technology are all covered.
- Expertise in security measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), network access controls, and network segmentation.
- Expertise in security protocols, cryptography, authentication, and authorization
- Third-party auditing skills and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.