Our awesome Total War art team has the perfect position for a talented Environment Artist specifically skilled at buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role. Mid and senior artists are all welcome to apply.
As a Senior 3D Environment Artist, you will be required to respond quickly and intelligently to gameplay changes and tests whilst working within constraints and requirements of the game engine. You will work with the designers to create visually stunning settlements and maps. You will create hard surface props and assets as well as vegetation creation, terrain texturing and lighting. As a Senior Environment Artist, you will work on system design for building upgrades, settlements upgrades, climate and seasons.
Being a Senior in the team, you will also help in mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Skill in 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush
- Skill in Photoshop
- One or more shipped game
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Concept art skills
- Lighting and composition skills
- 2D painting and texturing skills
- An interest in architecture and the built environment
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalized training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.