This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Next Gen Console Games
OPM have partnered with a new studio looking to create a world class and genre defining AAA Open World title for release on Next Gen consoles.
You will be joining an industry powerhouse in terms of publishing and development.
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled coders based in Barcelona at the beginning of this journey where you will own your area of expertise and contribute fully to the creation of the game.
This truly is something special and you will have input in building a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication for the future of the studio.
- Good ability to code high level systems to low level performance tweaks using C/C++.
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines for AAA games.
- Credited on at least one shipped AAA game.
- Good understanding on the common pitfalls in first person and third person animation systems.
- Good understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Working together with designers to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with engine coders to outline the best programming environment for each development phase.
- Be the champion for Animation code to all parties.
- Coordinate and complement work from Technical Animators.
- Work with the rest of animation and gameplay coders establishing code guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets.
- Work together with the combat design teams to make sure they have the most efficient tools.
- Analyse, validate, and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world class animation and gameplay programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Provide mentorship to other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with physically simulated animation.
- Experience in a modern console environment.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418