"To apply: Ref - 5260700. Based in Guildford, An exciting games studio is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Animator to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
What will you do?
- Bring life and emotion to characters and creatures
- Develop an animation style which enhances the visual art style of our game
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures
- Create both gameplay and cutscene animations
- Work with Technical Art/Animation to implement animations and animation systems
- Help support off-site development partners
- Collaborate with the Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Assist the Art Production Director in planning within this discipline
- Proven ability to create exceptional stylised and realistic animation
- Excellent keyframe animation skills
- Ownership of animation quality from source to engine
- Experience authoring animations for gameplay systems
- Good understanding of game animation pipelines
- Significant Unreal development experience
- Proficiency with Autodesk Maya
- Experience with Animation Systems (such as blueprints & state machines)
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
- Understanding of expressive story telling
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Samples of your work displaying a range of expressive motion in a variety of character types
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Applications without a portfolio can not be considered.
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.