Project: FPS PC Game
OPM’s client is celebrating 20 years in the games industry with many titles successfully shipped!
In this role, you will be working in teams of interdisciplinary talent to deliver the most heart-pounding moments for players and bringing the world to life.
- Extensive professional experience in game production with shipped titles
- Expertise with industry-standard tools (e.g., Maya, Unreal 4)
- Outstanding understanding of animation principles and key frame animation
- Great knowledge of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum development cycles
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Produce engaging and believable in-game animations, whilst achieving the quality bar set by the lead animator and following the artistic vision set out by the Art and Creative Directors on the project
- Own and take responsibility for the product’s final animation quality. Follow up on the engine implementation of animations to ensure they adhere to the requirements set by art and gameplay. (Fluidity, timing, weight perception, performance, etc.)
- Play an important role in review cycles, both in providing feedback on animations and self-improvement based on feedback from your team
- Remain at the cutting edge of tech by suggesting improvements to the animation department for our software (Maya, Unreal, etc.), tools (Animbot, Control rig, etc.), and processes
- Estimate high-level goals and provide solutions to high-level problems in planning
- Troubleshoot and debug issues whilst promoting a culture of owning issues fully but reaching out for support and being good communicators for support needs where necessary
- Motivate, mentor, and spread knowledge to other team members, the animation dept. in particular
- Professional experience with 1st person, 3rd person, and creature animation
- Familiarity with motion capture
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general
- Solid knowledge of Motion Builder and mocap pipelines
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge
- REMOTE work options
- VISA Sponsorship and Relocation Assistance provided if required
- Flexible work hours
- Pension scheme
- Public transport pass
- A variety of exciting Team Events and Socials
- And more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!