Project: Console Games
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Backend Programmer to join their team for development on their new multi-platform, multiplayer shooter franchise. The successful candidate will be experienced in backend services development with RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience in a comparable role at a successful game studio.
- Experience developing backend services in games.
- Experience with modern development practices: TDD, integration testing, automated testing.
- Experience developing and shipping games for modern platforms.
- Implement and take ownership of backend services developments from start to finish.
- Contribute and adhere to agreed development methodology, uphold best coding practices, perform code reviews, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing.
- Evaluate third party solutions and be part of the decision to develop solutions or choose a SaaS platform.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Track record of developing online features that interact with console game networks.
- Familiarity with services like AWS, GCP, Azure or Docker, in terms of usage of their APIs for backend services development and deployment, and for designing the architecture of the server’s infrastructure
- Remote or face-to-face work
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!