Senior Build Engineer - Sheffield
This state of the art studio based client in Yorkshire is looking for a talented senior build engineer to join a fun and very successful team in the AAA games scene.
The role -
You will have the responsibility for maintaining the stability of the project builds across all platforms.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of systems to automate building and testing a title, and for delivering regular builds to QA teams and customers.
You will capable of identifying the cause of any build problems, and for either resolving those problems yourself or communicating with other staff members to help resolve them,You will be helped in this and work with the lead programmer on the team who will be your line manager.
What we need from you:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar build systems
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, or similar build management tools
- A strong understanding of SCCM tools such as Perforce, git or Subversion.
- A proven understanding of Linux, OSX and Windows Operating Systems
- A minimum of one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl or Ruby)
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
It would be useful if you have:
- Experience in a range of programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
- A good time management and self-motivation skills.
- The ability to take direction and criticism.
- Knowledge of large-scale asset pipelines.
- Experience deploying to cloud compute and storage environments
- Game industry experience, and experience of console build tool chains
- Generous holidays
- Money on your birthday
- On site Gym
Do you think this role is for you?
Please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 955. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.