* Senior Business Planning Manager
*Dependent on experience
Two Point Studios
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer (COO)
About Two Point Studios
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also do not take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County". Now part of the wider Sega family, with the success of Two Point Hospital and the recent announce of Two Point Campus under our belt, we are pushing forward with our next adventures to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and creative! Everyone in our team gets stuck in & everyone is willing to help.
We love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike a good work/life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones.
The Business Planning Manager (BPM) is a key role at Two Point Studios and represents a unique opportunity to help shape and drive our business operations as we continue our growth journey from a start up to an established pillar studio. Working initially as an individual contributor the BPM will work closely with the COO on the road map for the studio, helping to manage costs, forecast revenues and in due course build heightened insight and understanding into the competitive marketplace in which we operate. This person will develop strong day to day relationships with key SEGA personnel in finance, business planning and commercial functions as well as support the COO in the preparation of materials for internal and external use. Befitting a rapidly growing business an adaptable and flexible approach is required.
Key functions of the role:
- Work with SEGA teams in finance, searchlight, and business planning and own the regular monthly management accounts for the studio, enabling production teams to accurately track project spend (actuals) against forecast and identify variance. Inherit, develop and improve existing processes to match the needs of the studio.
- Assist the COO in producing detailed 5-year budgets for our studio Mid-Term Planning process (MTP) that can be confidently and accurately fed back into the wider SEGA MTP process.
- Assist the COO in the assembly, analysis and assessment of product P&L’s for SEGA’s internal “in-line” process. Work with key stakeholders such as production, sales forecasting, commercial analysis, business/product planning and marketing to deliver robust financials that secure the funding required to support the studio’s mid to long term development goals.
- Work with the COO & SOE central teams to build out an effective in-house business intelligence capability, enabling us to bring greater depth to our understanding of our business and the macro-commercial environment.
- Collaborate with our marketing function to provide quantitative insights that help inform tactical and strategic marketing decisions. Perform post-mortem analysis on promotions and associated activity to create a virtuous circle of experimenting, learning and refining.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of various key performance indicators across our business and deliver meaningful, robust and actionable insight.
- Business Administration - Getting stuck in across the board and assisting in the day-to-day operational administration of the business as required. This can include varied tasks including but not limited to
- Office facilities – e.g., contractor engagement, leasehold management
- Human resources – e.g., Policy management and administration
- Financial administration – Raising PO’s, liaising with accounts.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a financial, commercial analytical or planning role ideally in games or a related creative industry.
- Experience in forecasting and planning. Co-ordinating and consolidating monthly reporting and preparing relevant financial decks to support the operating process.
- Understanding and proficiency of ongoing variance analysis of actuals versus budget plan and forecasts
- Proficiency in long-range planning and the ability to construct justifiable business cases to support a course of action.
- Ability to analyse the market and communicate actionable insights and trends to leadership.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills, an accomplished user of excel with experience of other reporting solutions and data management tools.
- An appreciation for data integrity and process definition
- Highly numerate and a good communicator
- Team worker with a demonstrable track record of working with initiative both within and across functions.
- Motivated self-starter who is flexible to the changing requirements of a rapidly growing organization. Open to expanding and evolving the role as we grow.
- Relevant degree. Full or part qualified CIMA/ACCA equivalent desirable
- Fluent in English, additional languages beneficial (particularly Japanese)