This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Stylised AAA Game
OPM is proud to be working with one of Europe’s leading game development companies who are on the hunt for a character animator with a keen eye for quality and has experience in creating in-game animations for bipeds.
The successful candidate will bring to life their player characters and NPC’s with great keyframe skills. You will collaborate closely with game designers and programmers to create animation networks that push their animations to the world-class level as part of the Character Animation team.
- Substantial industry experience working as a character animator.
- You demonstrate and excel at realistic keyframed animations of the human bipedal figure.
- You are very comfortable with body mechanics coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing.
- You have a strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how to integrate them to enhance appeal and gameplay.
- You have a good knowledge and experience with setting up animation networks and blend trees.
- You have good understanding of additive, partial and layered animation systems.
- You possess working knowledge of current animation techniques and Maya (MotionBuilder experience is a plus).
- Create compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing gameplay animations for the player character and/or NPC’s.
- Create stylised handkeyed or motion captured animations that have a very strong foundation in realism.
- Work closely and collaborate with Design, AI, Art direction, Animation Tech and other departments to realize the vision of the team.
- Mentor, train and inspire the animation team and help them grow and develop.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCL.:
- Relocation support including VISA application assistance if required
- International and national tax assistance
- Profit share bonuses, milestone bonuses and discretionary bonuses
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!