We are looking for a Character Artist to work alongside our Animation Team, creative directors, designers & programmers to create awesome, highly memorable Characters! Reporting to the Creative Director, the role offers the potential for ownership & significant contribution. We are looking for someone who can own and drive the quality of characters in our upcoming titles, as well as significantly contribute to the style of the game.
- Close collaboration with creative direction, animators & design
- Create & maintain the artistic direction, mood & high quality of the characters
- Establishing and owning the character art pipeline, including things like modular character setups.
- High & low poly modelling with efficient mesh creation
- Texture creation
- Shader creation in Unreal Engine
- Working with internal production & outsource providers for the delivery of Character Art
- 7+ years of proven AA/AAA track record in the games industry
- Expert 3D modelling & texturing, organic & hard surface
- Understanding on anatomy, proportions, mechanics & characterisation
- Solid understanding of Character pipelines, memory management - especially within the Unreal Engine
- Solid character design skills, with a keen interest in designing memorable characters
Can be initially remote
About Neon Giant:
Neon Giant is located in Uppsala; Sweden’s fourth biggest city and just 30min away from the capital. Uppsala has a very high standard of living and is able to provide both a lively city environment and nature with the City Park, the Botanical Gardens, a myriad of trails and walking paths as well as rivers. Uppsala has been a hotbed of scientific innovation for a long time and hosts one of the nations best hospitals. Give it a Google!