This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
OPM’s client, one of Europe's leading game development companies who have been established for almost 20 years, are currently looking for a Senior Character Rigger to join their team in The Netherlands.
They are in the early stages of development on an unannounced title and are seeking someone who can help them solve a mixture of technical and creative challenges whilst raising the quality bar, a tough feat given their previous benchmark quality titles!
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Art, Design and Animation teams, to help meet their aesthetic and in-game requirements while working within technological specifications.
- Extensive professional experience in a similar position, with more than one AAA title shipped
- A solid understanding of anatomy and procedural rigging.
- Superb Maya skills.
- Extensive knowledge of vector maths.
- Proficient with scripting with Python and Maya Python API
- A recent demo reel exhibiting a wide selection of character and creature rigs in a variation of styles.
- Responsible for the rigging and skinning of a wide variety of characters using existing tools and drive the development of new tools to aid and improve runtime deformations.
- Ensure that art and animation quality remain uncompromised by limitations technology.
- Define workflows and pipelines in consultation with your colleagues and, develop and improve in-house tools as needed while remaining aware of the impact of your decisions on other disciplines.
- Research and develop new techniques, approaches and solutions as required.
- Help define processes and tools that help improve the overall quality of their skinned characters in the most efficient way possible.
- Work closely with the other teams to turn their art assets into runtime assets;
- Work closely with the Engineering team to develop tools and workflow, and to troubleshoot runtime issues.
- Profit Share
- Milestone Bonus
- Discretionary Bonus
- Relocation Support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!