Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is currently seeking an experienced and talented Senior Combat Designer to join their passionate team for development their upcoming title based on a world-famous IP.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating a high quality, exciting, and accessible combat system that will provide players with countless hours of enjoyment.
- Design & implement the game’s melee + ranged combat system, in collaboration with your Lead Designer, Head of Game and other disciplines such as code, art, animation, sound and visual effects
- Create an exciting and tactically interesting range of combat abilities for the game’s roster of characters
- Design interesting and fun to fight against enemy types and enemy behaviours
- Design enemy AI group behaviours to deliver exciting but manageable encounters
- Make sure the combat design delivers on the vision of the game and is accessible to the target audiences
- Continuously iterate on the combat design, balancing and implementation, taking on board feedback from other designers, other disciplines, management, external stakeholders, and user testing; ensuring the combat reaches the highest levels of quality and fun
- Proven background in developing real-time melee & ranged combat systems for shipped console or PC titles
- Experience designing & producing high quality, accessible combat systems, with a focus on melee combat
- Excellent understanding of what makes melee and ranged combat feel really satisfying and an ability to create compelling systems that exploit this knowledge
- Outstanding rapid prototyping skills
- Cooperative approach with great communication skills, able to clearly communicate the rationale behind design decisions
- Background in online combat design & understanding of networked considerations within combat systems an advantage
- Unreal Engine 4 experience an advantage
- Paid time off to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools and resources
- In-house learning and development resources
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!