One Player Mission’s client is looking for a Senior Development Director who will be responsible for driving alignment and accountability within each game team; are relentlessly focused on continued improvement; and ensure product goals are met with mind-blowing ends
The successful candidate will keep teams balanced, projects on track and stakeholders informed.
- You love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s what drove you to the industry and why you love coming to work every single day
- Your careful planning and dream to produce results makes you an effective leader who can balance and prioritise short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals; when making key decisions, you leave no stone unturned.
- You know how to get things done by using your tailored and proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development to allow your team to execute on the goals and craft the best product possible.
- You help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of shared ownership, accountability, constructive criticism, recognition, appreciation, and collaboration; you communicate daily with the team to update them on issues, achievements, priorities and goals.
- You are able to collect and articulate it with the teams and clients on a regular basis, tailoring your style and the content suitable to the audience at hand.
- You know that good leadership is based on clear and aligned communication and trust. You are an ambitious leader that constantly maintains a high standard of openness and trust with every team member and expect the same high level of patience from your team as you do yourself.
- You’ve got the entire project mapped out with a clear view of the likely obstacles that are in your path and always have a crafted plan to steer clear of them through agile production and planning and advise other project leaders from falling over the same pitfalls
- Lead and drive a game’s overall development plan, constantly focused on team performance and health whilst executing against the ongoing vision for the game.
- Entrusted with bringing together the people, materials and tools, un encumbering teams through constant direction, mentoring and management; and are not afraid to change agile production process to match team performance to ensure a strong focus on quality, teamwork, communication and improvement to continually execute great games and content.
- Own the project plan to launch and continually operate the game in on time, to quality, and within budget.
- Drawing on your agile leadership experience, you are able to continually review and improve the development process and team performance, and executive development plans to suit different projects.
- You are quality-first focused and understand the needs of our clients players and business.
- You will be accountable for the overall project plan and make data-driven decisions to improve your teams and align them around the long-term plans for operating a GaaS.
- You will be the voice of reason when needed, as teams balance creative ambition with their proven capacity to execute on time.
- ???????You will be the single source of truth and represent the state and the outlook of the project internally and to external clients; and able to foster a open, fun and transparent development culture that makes teams and players love the games our client make.
- Work your way, with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413