This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Game Studio
OPM have partnered with a major AAA Games Developer with studios in both Europe and North America. The most recent expansion of the group now boasts a studio in the North of the UK.
They are known for the high quality of their programming team and as such you would be working with some of the very best in the industry.
OPM’s client is looking for a talented Senior Engine Programmer to join development on their upcoming title.
- Superb programming skills with C/C++.
- Strong professional experience programming for AAA PC and console games.
- Bachelor's degree(s) in software engineering, computer science or comparable experience.
- Fluent in English language skills.
- Strong communication and cooperation skills.
- You will be responsible for constantly improving their open-world engine, ensuring that their internal production teams across the international studios can leverage the full potential of the shared technology.
- You will be a part of a team, responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining a diverse range of core engine technologies, to support active game development.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Passionate about gaming and games development.
- Professional experience with agile development for example Kanban/Scrum.
- Experience with performance and memory management.
- Understanding of complex software architectural patterns.
- Experience with automated software testing and test-driven development.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418