Who We Are
Abstraction Games is an Independent Game Studio where we do our own games, as well as co-development work and adaptations of other games. We started 13 years ago as 2 people in a garden shed, and now have over 50 people in a newly renovated office just outside of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation.
We are currently working on a new IP that we’re not quite ready to talk about here, but we are really excited about it! Additionally, we also do co-development work. As a small company, you’ll have a chance to work on many different projects.
Some of our previous successes are Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, ARK: Survival Evolved, The King of Fighters XIV, Hotline Miami 1&2, Don’t Starve, The Sexy Brutale, Broforce, and many more!
Where We Are
Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the technology university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Day in the life
In this role you will have:
- Offer, architect and maintain solutions for new technology supporting our own games and finest adaptations
- Extend and maintain our in-house cross-platform engine Silverware
- Coach your team members within the project
Must-have experience and skills
On day one we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position or have shipped multiple titles
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Experience with cross-platform development for Console and PC
- Experience with low-level Engine programming
- Able to navigate large codebases
- Optimization experience for consoles and PC
- Foster innovation; you are continuously looking to improve products and processes
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong English communication and writing skills
What separates the best from the rest
Added bonuses you have experience in:
- Porting games
- Graphics programming
- Console Certification (TCR, XR, Lotcheck)
- Working on AAA titles
- Passion for creating great games
Work location and time zone
- Fully remote during and post COVID-19 pandemic or onsite
- Working hours are within the European time zone (CET).
Embrace our core values:
Go beyond boundaries!
- Use a “First Principles” approach.
- Take nothing at face value.
- Define your own path around obstacles.
- Embrace ideas that almost anyone would consider outrageous.
- Perform exceptionally well.
- Strive for symmetry (or intentional dissymmetry), beauty and polish.
- Craft meticulously. Don’t stop when “it’s good enough…”.
- Move mountains.
- Apply the Most Respectful Interpretation approach with one another.
- Maintain a safe environment for us, our partners and consumers.
- Be transparent and do not keep up appearances.
- Be candid and call out someone’s mistake but be nice about it. If you haven’t learned how to do this yet, learn it now.
- Be respectful of other people’s time. Be punctual, prepared, and brief.
- Seek hard problems to solve.
- Be better than yesterday.
- Step out of your comfort zone often, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Fail fast to succeed sooner.
- Challenge each other to keep growing.
- Blame none other but yourself, embrace failure and move on.