Project: AAA VR Action Shooter Games
OPM’s client, a VR Game Development Studio, is currently recruiting for an Engine Programmer to work together with their talented developers on spectacular multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
The successful candidate will be working on the larger systems of their upcoming AAA titles, making sure the code is designed in a solid, effective, readable, and maintainable way.
- Strong professional experience with C++ within game development
- Good experience with Unreal Engine and a good understanding of the architecture of the engine
- Experience on a VR title is desired, but not needed.
- Setup the technical design of major game systems and engine architecture built using the Unreal Engine
- Use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures to make solid technical designs and efficient implementations of large systems
- Take ownership of large system’s & Unreal Engine improvements, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the creatives to identify the technical constraints based on their guidance
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build AAA quality technology and tools
- Mentor less experienced developers, and help improve the quality of their deliverables
- Constantly take performance into account so games and experiences can keep running at a smooth frame rate, even when using mobile hardware to do so
- Analyse problems and debug them to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!