Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our Continuous Improvement team.
In this pioneering role, you will work within a team focussed on the continuous improvement of our development environment across the studio and its projects. You will place an emphasis on simple, powerful and low maintenance solutions to bring productivity and quality of life improvements to our development teams.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid, in-studio or fully remote (UK only) depending on candidate requirements. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Senior Engineer, you will be involved with multiple projects bringing a passion and mindset of continual improvement of development practice, delivering simple and effective solutions to improve developer flow and happiness.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Make ongoing, effective productivity improvements across the studio and projects
- Induce change through an enthusiastic, collaborative, and responsive attitude with a strong ethos of continuous improvement and value delivery
- Develop, enhance, and maintain simple solutions delivering value to people and projects
- Foster a sustainable environment through the pursuit of low-maintenance solutions and a “less is more” mentality
- Proactively engage with projects and developers to identify pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Have a tangible positive impact on the effectiveness of our game development pipelines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in reducing workflow lead times in a software development environment
- An inquisitive mind that explores problems, their underlying assumptions and questions established workflows and practices
- Strong technical ability with competence in a variety of programming languages and development tools
- A passion for the role, for video game development and for helping others to make software development enjoyable
- Knowledge and active interest in a variety of development methodologies, such as Agile, Lean, ToC, DevOps, DMAIC, etc.
- Experience with complex development environments, such as multi-site, multi-platform, multi-project, large engines, or complex pipelines
- Experience of implementing and using telemetry to inform decisions and validate outcomes
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.