We are looking for an Environment Artist to join our team and help us create immersive and fantastical sci-fi worlds. Reporting to the Creative Director, the role offers the potential for ownership & significant contribution. We are looking for someone who can own and drive large areas of the environments in the game, and work alongside the rest of the art team to deliver a groundbreaking next-gen title of the highest fidelity.
- Own and deliver large areas of the game environment
- Create inspiring benchmark quality environment assets
- Plan and estimate distribution of work across larger scenes to make informed decisions on what work to prioritize
- Ensure the delivery of visual consistency by understanding and following the art direction
- Where needed, research, collate and prepare reference and source materials as required for the creation of in game environments.
- Use your deep knowledge and understanding of the product enabling the best visual decisions and appropriate artwork
- Ensure the technical delivery of your work (budgets, lighting et al)
- Help to encourage, promote, and build good team morale in an open, creative environment
- Work collaboratively with the team to produce the best Player focussed interactive experience
- Your portfolio should demonstrate full environment work (i.e. not just props) across modeling, surfacing, set dressing and lighting.
- Experience of multiple full game development cycles
- Be able to work in an iterative approach in visual development
Experience creating photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials on next gen platforms
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of memory and frame budget prioritization
- Strong technical knowledge of real-time engine budgets and optimizations
- Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely
- Have a passion for games and understand game development processes
- Professional attitude and work ethic
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4+
- Can be initially remote
- Relocation support
About Neon Giant:
Neon Giant is located in Uppsala; Sweden’s fourth biggest city and just 30min away from the capital. Uppsala has a very high standard of living and is able to provide both a lively city environment and nature with the City Park, the Botanical Gardens, a myriad of trails and walking paths as well as rivers. Uppsala has been a hotbed of scientific innovation for a long time and hosts one of the nations best hospitals. Give it a Google!